Bite The Ballot (BTB) held the UK’s second annual National Voter Registration Day. During the week of 2-8 February 2015, our work contributed to the registration of 441,696 people to vote – a world record (per capita) and deemed ‘the most successful drive’ of any Western democracy.*
The level of social media interaction we experienced was unprecedented. It showed a true desire for change and engagement in the political process. Although we were the promoted trend for the day (#RegisterToVote) by 9 am on the morning of NVRD we also managed to hold 4 out of 10 trends on Twitter. Showing just how widespread the conversation was about registering to vote. Throughout the day we shared inspirational, education and fun content that helped drive 1000’s of people to the .Gov site to get registered.
- 14.4 million digital impressions were created solely from the Bite The Ballot social media accounts
- Overall in 7 days we registered 441,500 people.
- Registering 166,167 during National Voter Registration Day alone.
- You can see from the data above that at it’s peak on National Voter Registration day we there were over 8000 people registering during one snapshot of the day.
- 80% of people were accessing the online registration portal via mobile.
- NVRD and it’s variations trended nationally, and organically 4 separate times throughout the day of 5th Feb.